Data Center Infrastructure Technician
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Cloud Computing. We are currently building an exciting new team Optic Harvesting team (OHT) and are looking for a proven data center technician with an understanding of network and DC infrastructure. OHT are looking to hire a highly motivated, self-driven technician who will work with project managers, network engineers, and operations teams to safely recover network optics for repurpose. The Optic Harvest Tech will be responsible for executing assigned efforts and communicating status updates of those task.
· Physical removal of network hardware components in a Data Center environment.
· Complete assigned work and priorities through ticketing system and/or workflows.
· Collaboration with various stake holders to remove project obstacles.
· Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain Data Center cleanliness.
· Effectively leverage the logical tools and systems that are provided.
· Follow all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices.
· Read and comprehend datacenter build documentation, and site specific layout material.
· Potential travel within geographical work area, up to 10% travel outside traditional work area may be required depending business needs.
· Scope effort assigned, validate all work is ready and execute effort that has been assigned.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 1+ years of knowledge of network hardware.
· 1 +years of knowledge in network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter.
· 1+ years’ experience with network infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
· 2+ years of experience working in large scale Data Center environment
· 2+ years of experience in logistics/supply chain or inventory management.
· Familiarity with common networking terms.
· Broad understanding of Data Center infrastructure technologies
· Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability
· Familiarity with network hardware failure scenarios
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age