Customizations Writer - Contractor - Math
K12 is a technology-based education company that offers proprietary curriculum and instructional support services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. As the leader in K-12 online education for more than a decade, the company uses virtual public and private schooling methods to provide families with alternatives to traditional “brick and mortar“ classrooms, giving children access to a high-quality education no matter where they are in the world.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
This is part-time position for approximately 25-40 hours a week, dependent on project needs. The Customizations Writer is responsible for writing and revising activities and assessments, both for online and printed curriculum, for math in Grades K-12. This writer must possess a deep knowledge of Grades K-HS Math curriculum, and must be experienced in instructional and assessment writing. Writer will work directly in online platforms in a fast-paced environment. Writer will need to adhere to house style guidelines, including accessibility guidelines. This position is project-based, and the customizations writer will follow the instructional design guidelines and requirements put forth by the K12 custom curriculum team. All content produced will be original.
AS a Customizations Writer, YOU WILL..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Author and revise course content including core course instruction, assessments, multimedia, and/or practice games.
- Use K12 authoring tools and processes as well as adhere to the instructional design guidelines set forth by the K12 team.
- Accept and incorporate feedback to produce the strongest end product.
- Provide accurate updates to project management regarding project status.
- Communicate availability and strive to maintain a consistent time commitment.
IS K12 RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Do you communicate well?
- Can you build customer confidence?
- Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action?
- Is your manner honest and straightforward?
- Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines?
- Do you value others' opinions?
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Strong technology skills, use of media and instructional design techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on large-scale projects and adapt to new environments and meet new challenges head on
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency
- Ability to pass required background check
- Instructional design and/or curriculum development experience
- Subject matter knowledge in multiple content areas
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will“ as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will“ nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
WHO ARE WE?
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Kudos and Honors
- Limitless Learning
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Back to K12 Home
Copyright © K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.