Constructability Engineer, Data Center Design Engineering
Our goal is to find the candidate that has well developed data centre technical knowledge coupled with practical construction and commissioning experience to help drive standards in this essential part of our delivery process. If you have experience working within a broad design and construction infrastructure environment, then you could be the right candidate.
Key job responsibilities
The following will be the typical high level duties -
- Work closely with the Global Constructability Principal and the global Construction Management teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Drive practical constructability standards in design documentation
- Drive commissionability improvements in our designs.
- Drive process improvements in the hand off from design to construction/commissioning
- Optimise the engineering input post design completion - driving consistent roles and responsibilities and accountability.
- Work closely with regional engineering teams to drive consistency
- Act as the initial point of escalation for complex constructability issues.
- 25% regional travel, sometimes unplanned.
A day in the life
As a Senior Constructability Engineer you will be involved in the entire process of a project, from site selection all the way through into operations. You will act as a conduit between Design Engineering and all other teams, providing a pragmatic and practical engineering-based support to both DE and associated teams. Delivery issues will be both presented to you by our own team and other associated teams, but you will also actively seek to recognize problems and develop solutions. Resolution of these issues will require a thorough understanding of the process of design and construction to enable a robust and manageable solution to be developed, always considering the best interests of the AWS business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering (or similar) or a Construction related discipline
5+ years of experience in data centre engineering
- In depth understanding of critical data center mechanical and electrical equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting design, equipment and construction specifications and drawings
- Possess problem-solving skills
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual
- Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities
- An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high quality standards
- The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high level review
- Must have excellent communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.