BI Engineer, WWRO Finance
AWS is one of Amazon’s largest and fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We use cloud computing to reshape the way global enterprises use information technology. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you. *This position can be located in either our HQ2 in Arlington, VA or in our HQ1 in Seattle, WA.
The AWS World-Wide Revenue Operations Finance team is responsible for many of the key functions needed by the AWS global sales organization, including building and operating the data resources that provide the AWS sales organization with insights into all areas of business performance.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling), and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will know and love working with business intelligence tools and can partner with customers to answer key business questions.
· Work with business customers to gather requirements and deliver complete data analytical solutions
· Learn why customers are asking for data and what their underlying questions and business goals are
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics and analyses used to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices, including data integrity, accuracy, and reliability, as well as documentation
· Drive data democratization throughout the organization, enabling others to self-serve their data needs
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and business intelligence
· Ability to communicate complex ideas simply, coherently and fluently, both verbally and in writing
· Track record of using SQL to derive insights from multiple and large (billions of rows) data sources
· Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and business intelligence
· Experience with AWS products and tools
· Experience with statistical languages such as Python and R
· Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.