Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the leading producers of ethanol in the world. Through our adjacent businesses we are focused on the production of high-protein feed ingredients and export growth opportunities.
This Commodity position will manage a marketing strategy that supports the Company's supply chain for grain. Evaluate market conditions for grain to maintain inventory levels and control cost. Work with leadership to build ongoing relationships with producers and customers.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with management to maximize plant profitability by implementing effective risk management strategies and tools with respect to grain origination, marketing and transportation.
- Oversee and manage grain procurement for assigned location.
- Ensure grain supply is available to operations personnel at all times.
- Familiarity with area grain prices and marketing practices.
- Establish and maintain inventory tracking systems that are acceptable to management and any regulatory agencies.
- Work with management to build and maintain relationships with local producers and customers.
- Work with management to understand the grain grading and weighing functions according to USDA and state specifications.
- Possess full understanding of the Chicago Board of Trade and collaborate with management on price movements and trends, USDA reports and future projections.
- Communicate commodity inventory levels and logistics; and manage transportation.
- Maintain and enforce all safety programs and procedures.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by Management.
- A Bachelor's degree required. Preference will be given to those with a degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, or Agribusiness
- Experience and knowledge in grain/agriculture industry required, 2+ year's experience with grain procurement preferred
- Must be technologically proficient, capable of using a range of software applications including advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workloads
- Independent worker, self-motivated, high sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain positive professional relationships, both internal and external
- Demonstrated business acumen and leadership skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use, frequent telephone use, some lifting or moving up to 30 lbs.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, wellness program, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.