Diet Technician - AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
PRN All Shifts
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs basic nutritional screening and nutritional care to patients under the supervision of a Clinical Dietitian according to patient's age including neonate, child, adolescent, adult geriatric and terminally ill patients.
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient's nutritional status.
- Performs menu editing as directed by the Clinical Dietitian.
- Prepares patient trays accurately.
- Assist in orienting and in servicing new employees to department.
- Assist dieticians with patient diet screening.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
What You Will Need:
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
- Additional languages preferred.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Nutritional Service Technician certification, preferred
Assist patients with menu selection and enter the menus into CBORD.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.