Dietitian Supervisor - AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
40 hours/week - Days
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ability to use computer based electronic health record.
- Strong English verbal and written communication, organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel. Ability to work well without supervision and manage Clinical Technicians.
- Ability to coordinate and lead small groups of people determining policy, implementing procedures, exhibiting [progress, and performance improvement groups.
- Ability to teach, precept and facilitate experimental training of staff, students, and interns.
- Ability to keep accurate and complete records including clinical schedules, key performance indicators, and staff education.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations as related to food service and Dietetics practice.
- Initiative to keep abreast of new information/products/developments in the field of Dietetics.
- Proficiency in the Nutrition Care Process from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Proficiency in identifying and using comparative standards to estimate energy, fat, protein, carbohydrate, fiber, fluid, vitamin and mineral needs as well as recommended body weight, BMI, and desired growth patterns.
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to adapt to change.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in using CBORD computerized diet office program.
- Ability to define operational or program problems/needs and solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Additional languages preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or related field
- Minimum of four years of clinical nutrition experience
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master's degree in Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current active State of North Carolina Dietitian/Nutritionist license
- Current active Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registrations (CDR)
- Demonstrates clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area.
- LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Servsafe certified
The Dietitian Supervisor manages all clinical nutrition service areas and clinical technicians, with the direction of Nutritional Food Service Director is also responsible for developing patient menu and diet compliance, safety and sanitation compliance, dietetic services, and other food service areas as needed. Manages the Registered Diabetic Educator Dietitians. Ensures clinical area of responsibility follows regulatory agency requirements and department/organizational policies and procedures. Ensures training and compliance with policies and procedures for all Nutritional Food Service. Manages positive communication and ensures employee engagement. Serves as chief preceptor on campus for dietetic interns. Provides medical nutrition therapy to patients and staff relief as needed. Actively participates in
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.