The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill two (2) vacancies for the classification of Utility Services Systems Electrician in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair activities for electrical equipment up to 12,470 volts related to water, wastewater and reclaimed water facilities for the Department of Utility Services; and performs related duties as required.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
External candidates, probationary full-time, part-time, and temporary City of Henderson employees will start at the first step of the salary range.
- Graduation from high school, trade school or vocational school supplemented by course work in electrical theory and electronics.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in electrical repair work in a large industrial plant or maintenance facility, including a strong background in troubleshooting motor control systems and electrical equipment, and electrical safety.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state“ driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Must possess a Journeyman-level electrical license, certificate or Journeyman Wireman's Card at time of application and maintain certification at own expense as a condition of continued employment.
- Must possess a Clark County, Nevada Master Electrician or Journeyman Electrician Card within six (6) months of appointment as a condition of continued employment.
- Maintain licenses and certificates that may be required for the position by federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Desirable: Experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment in water and wastewater treatment and pumping facilities.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
3) Current Journeyman-level electrical license, certificate or Journeyman Wireman's Card
(Please attach your certificate to the “Attachments“ section of your application, click here for attachment instructions)
Written Examination (Weighted 40%) - Wednesday, December 11, 2019
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 60%) - Thursday, December 12, 2019
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
- NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES*
Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. Candidates successfully completing the testing will be placed on a separate hire list. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.