Sewing Machine Operator
LocationHenderson, NVJob TypeFull-time
Unisync Group Limited is a leading provider of award winning North American Corporate Apparel, and Public Safety, Law Enforcement Uniform and Equipment supplies.
Makes adjustments to garments as specified in purchase or customer orders using industrial sewing machine. Attaches flashing to garments as required either by sewing or heat treatment process. Ensures quantity, style and size matches purchase or customer order.
- Read and understand instructions detailed on purchase or customer order.
- Confirm quantity, style and size matches order.
- Inform lead hand or supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments as required to garments using industrial sewing machine.
- May be required to shorten and hem garment; sew or heat treat flashing on the garment.
- Check quality of work when finished.
- Place finished garments in appropriate tote and place tote in rack.
- Keep work area tidy; return all materials to correct storage areas.
- Assist in other areas when required.
- Able to work independently and with others.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking skills.
- Organized, able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate an industrial sewing machine.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; good hand coordination.
- Able to lift 30-50lbs.
- Oral Communication – Ability to ask questions, explain issues to others and ask for assistance as needed.
- Written Communication – Read and write in English to understand written instructions and provide written details.
- Listening – Able to interpret verbal requests and instructions
- Decision Making
- Judgment – Determine if there are discrepancies on the purchase or customer orders. When to ask questions and obtain additional assistance.
- Attention to Detail – Monitors quality of work and makes corrections before seconds occur.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Salary will be discussed during the interview process and will be dependent on applicant's qualifications and relevant work experience. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 1.800.668.3243 ext. 424. Thank you for your interest in Unisync.
Posted 30+ days ago