Credit Acceptance is quickly growing and we have a variety of opportunities within our Front End Servicing departments. Team members work to promote great customer service, encourage customers to bring their accounts current and resolve escalated customer issues. Leadership is committed to providing career growth opportunities to our team members and we are proud of our record of promoting from within. Our flexible schedule, relaxed work environment and culture of having fun make this a Great Place to Work.
About this Position:
- Consistently, efficiently, and lawfully contact consumers who are behind on their auto loan payments.
- Professionally and respectfully persuade consumers to pay in an effort to bring and keep their account current.
- Ensure the information we depend on to contact and collect from these consumers is accurately maintained.
- Support additional consumer service requests
Outcomes & Activities:
- Handle Phone Calls: You will spend a vast majority of your time signed on to our dialer to handle consumer phone calls.
- Collect Money: You will use our call model to handle each call in a manner that persuades consumers to pay.
- Provide Support: You will support consumer requests, including processing one-time and recurring phone payments.
- Update Contact Information: While speaking with consumers you will work to identify additional contact information
- Adhere to Policies/Processes: You will need to remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- Receive and Act Upon Feedback: You will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Regular and predictable attendance as outlined in the department attendance policy
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
- Previous customer service and/or collection experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the finance or automotive industry
- Experience in any position where you had to demonstrate excellent persuasive skills
Training & Schedule Requirements:
- 3 weeks; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 5am - 2pm
- 2 Weekdays: 11am - 8pm
- 1 Weekday FLEX
- Consecutive OR Split Weekdays Off
Knowledge & Skills:
- Be assertive, personable and PERSUASIVE with our consumers.
- Be comfortable negotiating, discussing sensitive financial issues, and selling solutions to consumers.
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations.
- Ability to overcome objections to pay and develop creative solutions to help bring consumers current.
- Be a quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret information promptly and effectively.
- Self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving the performance of you and your team.
- Speak clearly, professionally and articulately on the telephone.
- Ability to talk and type at the same time (talking with consumers while documenting relevant notes).
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks, sit and talk on the phone with a headset for a vast majority of the day.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to operate office equipment (copy machines, fax, telephone, and keyboard).
- Ability to document account notes clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Targeted Compensation: $16.50/hour
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.