Weyerhaeuser's Distribution business is a leader in distributing building products for residential, light commercial and home improvement applications worldwide. We're looking to grow our business with innovative associates who can contribute to a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. Our associates are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Our Denver, DC distribution center has an immediate opening for an experienced Operations Associate on 2nd shift.. This will be on our 2nd shift (approximately 10 a.m. -6:30 p.m.)
Under the direction of the Site Operations Manager and designated Shift Leads, this position is responsible for all activities associated with the movement and handling of materials related to the warehouse.
Hiring bonus of $500 pays out following 90 days of successful performance and employment with Weyerhaeuser.
- Takes responsibility for personal safety and the safety of others by addressing any unsafe practices observed
- Seeks input from operations leader and/or team member when the safety of a task is in question
- Wears all personal protective equipment required
- Safely operates and maintains propane or gas forklift to unload, move, store, stage and load products
- Accurately counts units, multiplies, adds, subtracts, and records, totals
- Accurately counts and documents shipping and receiving activities
- Works safely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Competencies & Knowledge:
- Understands the customer and what's important to their business
- Forklift operator certification on sit down forklift with 9000-17500 lb forklift capacity
- Ability to work within a team to solve problems and complete tasks
- Must be able to operate a chainsaw with a 24“ bar
- Developing knowledge of building materials products, warehouse facilities and lift trucks
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Computer skills: SAP or other WMS
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and move/slide up to 100lbs
- Willing to work outside in the elements five days a week and occasional Saturdays depending on the need
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years experience working warehouse operations preferred
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Attention Internal Applicants: To ensure transparency across the organization, please have a discussion with your manager prior to applying for any new opportunities. If you need any help facilitating this conversation please reach out to your HR Representative for guidance.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.