At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way
As an Operations Manager for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
Are passionate about client success.
Enjoy collaborating with others.
Strive to exceed expectations.
Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A results driven Leader who will thrive in a fast-paced team centered production environment with responsibility to effectively manage, oversee and control all operational and associate activities within the warehouse including Receiving, Pick/Pack and Shipping as well as kitting/retail activities and ensuring product quality. You are a detail oriented and instrumental contributor to our company's success in meeting productivity standards and customer satisfaction ratings by ensuring proper implementation and enforcement of policies, holding a high standard of safety and the continuous training of employees, leads and associates in the warehouse.
- Oversee specified client fulfillment areas of the operation
- Train individual pickers, verifiers, receivers, and shippers on proper methods and operating procedures
- Set-up and organize assigned area in order to insure effective operation
- Practice good housekeeping to ensure a safe and efficient environment at all times
- Implement process improvements as necessary
- Work with the facility management to achieve quality and productivity goals
- Responsible for all aspects in storing products to facilitate the receiving, stocking, picking and shipping process in a fulfillment operation
- Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities related to the assigned department is met as expected
- Writing performance reviews and coaching employees to success
- Conducts daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day's performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day
- Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees, addressing potential safety hazards, maintaining a clean work area, monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs, and participating as a permanent member of the Safety Committee
- Responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and day end reports
- Work closely with the Facility Manager to control costs in your operation – labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage
- Responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports
As an Operations Manager, you have:
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- Experience overseeing personnel in a fast paced multi-client small package pick/pack/ship environment
- Experience using a WMS in an RF environment
- Knowledge of inventory control and related fulfillment processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to lead, motivate and mentor fulfillment personnel
- Required to operate effectively in a time sensitive setting that requires meeting daily client Service Level Agreements
- Required to lead with a sense of urgency and an emphasis on great customer service
- Knowledge of aspects in storing products to facilitate the receiving, stocking, picking and shipping process in the fulfillment operation
- Problem-solving skills
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of subordinates
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills (MS Word and Excel applications)
- Strong and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be flexible and willing to work flexible hours as required during PEAK & no peak periods (including weekends)
- Prior experience with AutoStore is a plus.
- The ability to work 2nd shift hours.
Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Since 1999, the Fulfillment, Delivery & Returns (FDR) team has been transforming the consumer experience. We develop next generation digital commerce, fulfillment, and shipping & return solutions that create meaningful connections with consumers and measurable value for our merchant brands. Our end-to-end suite of omnichannel solutions seamlessly integrates digital and physical commerce. That means new advantages across the customer journey, like actionable data at every touchpoint, a truly unified brand experience and unique engagement opportunities. All to give you a competitive edge in the ever-changing world of global commerce.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.