Job opening category
Fives Machining Systems Inc. - Hebron
America/Caribbean, USA, Kentucky, Hebron, KY
City and Zip code
Hebron, KY 41048
The Quality Specialist position has the oversight of the quality system, including overall effectiveness, efficiency, compliance, and continuous improvement. The high-level objective of the Quality Specialist is to foster continuous improvement in process & product quality through upgraded methods, tools and data analysis.
Scope and Responsibilities:
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively attains a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Internal Development
- Provide assistance to various teams such as Product Teams (PT), Customer Satisfaction Teams(CST), Continuous Improvement Teams(CIT) and others in the resolution of quality issues and in process improvements.
- Provide on-going quality system support, specifically performing internal quality audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions, evaluation of process capabilities, data mining to allow the focus on the right issues.
- Lead or participates in activities with emphasis on performance metrics and financial results.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data, and making recommendations.
- Non-conforming Material (NCM)
- Process non-conforming material and ensure adequacy of deviation description.
- Assist in the investigation of cause and in the corrective action process.
- Coordinate corrective action requirements and facilitates resolutions to supplier quality issues.
- Work with suppliers and buyers to prevent liabilities and reduce warranty costs.
- Provide effective reports and data mining capabilities to drive continuous improvement in the non-conforming material (NCM) system.
- Develop and manage the Division's quality system
- Manage the oversight of the quality system, including overall effectiveness, efficiency, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Establish quality performance metrics for monitoring trends.
- Monitor the effectiveness of quality system audits and the corrective action system.
- Report on the quality system effectiveness at management review meetings.
- Educate and promotes understanding of the quality system.
- Manage all aspects of the product audit function, including coordinate measuring machines.
- Oversee all gages and measuring equipment, including gage recall.
- Review and approves changes to the quality policy, quality manual, operating procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure document control of quality system documents.
- Develop and maintains a quality record index for the quality function.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain quality policies, procedures and records
- Coordinate the scheduling of regular management review meetings.
- Coordinate the scheduling of planned internal/external quality audits, making audit team assignments.
- Ensure that quality system audits provide coverage for all elements of the ISO 9000 standard.
Ensure training for internal auditors and maintains a listing of qualified auditors.
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer the degree be in a Quality related field or ASQ certification.
- Four to seven years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Blueprint reading
- Statistical Process Control
- Knowledgeable of ISO 9000 Quality System
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis