Our growing company is seeking to hire a Production Helper. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will perform helper’s work having to do with production operations and processing such as position lightweight materials on conveyor or feed mechanism for continuous processing, or position and/or remove materials to assist Machine Operator, supply containers, light raw materials or perform other like work.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Production Helper duties vary on department. *
- Inspects, cleans and packages manifolds and other parts.
- Assists machine operator by running machine after set-up.
- Assists operator by placing or removing finished parts from machine.
- Inspects and packages parts.
- Instructions given on work procedures.
- May perform clean-up duties as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- One-three months of related experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good finger and hand dexterity.
- Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow at MEC safety policies and procedures.
*Department duties will be reviewed with you during the phone screen process if selected.