SBM is currently looking to hire a Day Porter to join their team! The Day Porter works well with co-workers and customers. Understand and follow explicit instructions, both oral and written. Give, receive or explain job related data using basic communication skills. Requires good judgement in thought and/or decision-making. May need to explain work methods & instructions. Aid in training others or demonstrate work processes.
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures. Stops at risk behavior of others and self.
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Follow all protocols, company procedures, policies, and rules.
- Take direction and respond to supervision.
- Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner.
- Fill in during staff shortage.
- Support shift lead in completing punch-list items.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct.
- Understand customer service and satisfaction.
- Understand reporting systems, and of the environment.
§ Stocking restrooms
§ Transport small equipment, tools, chairs, & tables.
§ Straighten areas, such as lobbies, conference rooms, locker rooms, & break rooms
§ Dust mopping floors
§ Restroom cleaning
§ Pick up trash outdoors
§ Clean ashtrays
§ Light Vacuuming
§ Window cleaning
§ Empty recycle boxes
§ Clean glass
§ Wipe down mirrors
§ Wipe down sinks, partitions, and stainless steel
§ Restock supply cabinet/room
§ Clean elevators
§ Carpet spotting
§ Transport trash & waste to proper disposal areas.
§ Polish metal & woodwork.
§ Clean upholstered furniture.
§ Clean window blinds.
§ Clean draperies.
§ Replace light bulbs.
§ Remove cobwebs
§ Damp mop floors
- Less than high school education or up to one month related experience or training or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Completed all safety certifications
- Ability to Read 2-3 syllable words, recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Ability to print clearly and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and customers.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Know how to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Know the American measures of money, weight, size, length, shapes, distance and measures such as, cups, pints, quarts, gallons, etc.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license if driving own vehicle or company vehicle on business time, will also require you have proof of vehicle registration and insurance.
- Maybe required to be forklift certified and/or MER certified.
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test
Available Shift: Saturday and Sunday
Compensation: The pay rate for this position is $12.00 per hour.