The Waterjet Operator will plan, setup, and program waterjet machines using Flow Cut and Flow Path, all jobs. The Waterjet Operator will aslo quote cycle times and calculate material needs for all jobs.
- Operate Waterjet machine to cut metal to customer specifications.
- Read and interprets blueprints and can understand how to make a part from start to finish
- Use gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Use precision tools, machinery and equipment such as waterjet, grinders, sanders, and other non-electric tools
- Properly and safely select, align, secure and remove clamps, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Recognize, deploy and properly use nozzles, heads and tooling
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and PM maintenance tasks on waterjet machines and equipment
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience preferred in operating and programming of FLOW brand waterjets. Knowledge in the following areas: assembly; parts; machining symbols; ability to read and understand drawings; quality control; and safety. Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight-hour day. Must be able to consistently lift 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique. Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts. Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, algebra. Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily. Must be familiar and comfortable with various types of machinery. Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Equal Opportunity Employer