Req I D
The technician supports research workers to complete tasks associated with chemistry research experiments. The technician must have minimum two years -post college wet chemistry laboratory hands-on experience, is detail oriented, and willing to work at a scientific laboratory to conduct experiments accurately, efficiently and quickly full time; high throughput is desired in a dynamic and fast-paced working. The technician must have good communication skills, a high degree of self-motivation and can work both independently and as a team member. The successful candidate has a B.Sc. in Chemistry (preferred), Biology or Chemical Engineering, analytical chemistry experience is a plus. This is not a materials processing position.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following laboratory work:
• Prepare chemical solutions and dilutions to precise specifications for experiments
• Conduct chemical experiments
• Accurately document observations and experimental results
• Maintain inventory records of supplies and raw materials, and prepare requisitions as needed
• Support chemists and work with QC lab for sample analyses
• Set up and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments
• Assists and supports with special project
• Participating in lab problem solving and troubleshooting
• Practicing lab hygiene and following safety procedure
• Safely manage chemical waste per regulatory standards
• Maintain safe work environment
The technician candidate must have a minimum of two years post-college wet chemistry laboratory experience. Additionally, the candidate is detail oriented, and can conduct experiments accurately, efficiently and quickly full time in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment. high throughput is desired. The successful candidate has a B.Sc in chemistry (preferred), Biology or Chemical Engineering, analytical chemistry experience a plus.