The DevOps Intern will be part of the Software Engineering team and contribute to the goal of developing a product that can be deployed in a controlled and automated form while being a safe and effective product in operation. The DevOps Intern will support the development and maintenance of an effective build, release and deployment process that meets the needs of multiple projects and deployment platforms. The Intern will also contribute to building various tools and other tasks to improve effectiveness and efficiency across the software engineering organization.
Besides a strong interest and expertise in tools and infrastructure and the dedication to producing automation solutions for continuous integration, this position requires good familiarity with web technology, information management, and software engineering concepts.
- Contribute to the development of product software build and installation process
- Support software install and upgrades on engineering labs and test systems
- Support streamlining the installation process and troubleshooting issues
- Develop tools and contribute to initiatives related to data processing, test automation, deployments and performance testing
- Support all required tool validation processes
- Other duties as assigned
- BS (or in senior year) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Good understanding of general UNIX administration (Ubuntu or RedHat)
- Experience with custom Linux base OS Image
- Experience with Shell scripting and automation of administrative tasks
- Experience with Python
- Experience with TCP/IP and DNS, DHCP administration
- Familiarity with software build and install tools
Duration: 3 months