Data Engineer, Ring Data Management Data Warehousing Team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring is looking for a Data Engineer who will help implement robust, scalable, cloud-based data processing systems. As a member of Ring’s data team, you will assess and recommend architecture frameworks, design and implement proprietary high-performance solutions, define data ingestion and publication API’s, and contribute to the technical vision of our data processing infrastructure. If you are passionate about data and technology, eager to seek challenging and innovative opportunities, and motivated to deliver the best customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you.
Key job responsibilities
· Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements
· Drive design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
· Evaluate and implement efficient distributed storage and query techniques
· Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
· Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation
· Implement test automation on code implemented through unit testing and integration testing
About the team
The Ring Data Management team owns products and services for Ring's growing analytics and operational needs. The portfolio of services managed by the team allow centralized data collection, aggregation and the building of standardized data models for analytics use cases.
We organize into small teams dedicated to customer experiences, and the services powering them. We lean towards bias for action and quick decision making.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or similar.
· 5+ years of experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools, and scripting.
· 3+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data experience with data modeling and ETL development.
· 3+ years of data modeling experience and proficiency in writing complex SQL with Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases.
Experience with data technologies.
· Superior attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Data-pipeline, and other data technologies.
· Experience with scripting; Python experience is a strong plus.
· Experience managing competing priorities and driving projects to completion.
· Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills.
· Ability to interact, communicate, and present with both business and technical teams.
· A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.