SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Finance/Accounting department is a small, fast-paced group that is responsible for all financial matters in the company. It is responsible for the company’s books and records and financial reporting.
The person in this position will be involved with all aspects of accounting and will be a key contributor in ensuring that our books and records are accurate and that our financial reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Maintain account reconciliations
- Create and review journal entries
- Record daily cash transactions and reconcile bank accounts
- Assist in the month-end financial reporting process
- Analyze financial data and research variances
- Responsible for lease accounting
- Respond to questions from internal departments and external sources such as auditors
- Research technical accounting issues as requested
- Tax support as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in general accounting or related experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficient computer skills, including Excel and experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP packages is preferred
- CPA preferred with public accounting experience
- SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze high volume of transactions/data
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative and the ability to be a self-starter
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.