DataOne Software, a Dominion Enterprises company, is seeking a talented and versatile Technical Product Owner for our Beverly, MA office (Remote to start).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, highly productive team in a key product position and make a meaningful impact. At DataOne, our focus is on providing best-in-class solutions and customer experience powered by innovative automotive data products. Our solutions are used to manage, market, sell, service, and insure tens of millions of vehicles each year throughout North America. Each of our team members enjoys a broad range of responsibilities and makes direct, meaningful contributions to our business. We hire motivated professionals who know how to create value, and we work tirelessly to enable and support their success. We take pride in maintaining a dynamic and collaborative work environment where employees can realize their potential.
The Technical Product Owner at DataOne will be responsible for the innovation and support for one or more products, capabilities, services, or enhancements in accordance with the product roadmap. Works with Product, Business Leaders, internal and external stakeholders, and cross-functional Scrum team (s) to deliver the product to the Client. Provides technical support expertise to help resolve client escalations. Understand the functionality and determines the release sequence. Prioritizes and maintains the product backlog, researches, and defines the “what” and “why” and initiates the applicable documentation of epics, features, and user stories.
About the role:
- Manage and own the product backlog for assigned scrum team (s)
- Facilitates a modified Agile methodology including requirements gathering/documenting, grooming, planning, and sprint management
- Manage the scoping, business requirement definition and prioritization of product backlog
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to obtain the “what” and “why”
- Communicate the defined “what” and “why” definitions to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with sales, account management, and client support to advise customer on product functionality and recommended product solution
- Technical support liaison between customer support and development for client escalations
- Facilitate and document internal and external client requirement gathering sessions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define, document, and deliver an end-to-end product readiness plan
- Contribute to product collateral and monitor results and feedback from product releases
- Partner with scrum team in efforts to maximize teams velocity
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for DataOne Software
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field
- Automotive Industry knowledge of VIN data is a plus
- 5 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Working knowledge of Product specialty/job area principles concepts, practices
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodology
- Working experience with relational databases and/or APIs
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Work experience in design, development, and implementation of product plans
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing, and recommending epics and features
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Working experience in outward facing product support
- Certified Product Owner preferred
Required Skills and Attributes:
- The ability to think strategically and develop solutions with long-term impact in mind
- Superb organizational skills and an ability to track and manage multiple initiatives in parallel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact productively with customers and colleagues
- Ability to learn and speak with authority about a highly technical data product with hundreds of different datapoints
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
About DataOne Software
DataOne Software, a Dominion Enterprises company, builds leading software and data solutions for all corners of the automotive industry. We provide a variety of services to a loyal, enthusiastic, and fast-growing customer base, including raw data feeds, APIs, web services, and vehicle research web applications.
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.