Job Description Job #: 1025188
Director, Translational Medicine, 1025188
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our new client is building the United States hub for the global investment, development, and commercialization of marketed drug products by the global parent company. With a foundation forged by partnerships with AstraZeneca, Merck, Pfizer, and Roche working to commercialize and distribute drug products, our client's Innovation Center is committed to the expansion of its portfolio in early R&D. Through existing research and development partnerships with Pfizer, GSK, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and ARCH Venture Partners, the group is strategically targeting expansion into Metabolic Diseases, Oncology, Immunology, Cell Therapy, and Digital Healthcare. This Division currently has an annual sales revenue of approximately $500M and is committed R&D expenditure of about 20% of sales, nearly 100M annually.
Our Client is currently seeking a Director, Translational Medicine. This person will be the pinnacle in constructing a global external strategy, including an emphasis on external partnerships, synergies between biotech, big pharma, and medical device sectors. These efforts will enable the company to lead the development of new approaches to target disease, with a focus on Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, and Metabolic Diseases. This unique role focuses on the full value chain of the drug discovery pipeline including the early innovation pipeline through to clinical assets: with a key focus on the development of relationships with the top talent in the external innovation ecosystem, identifying external innovation opportunities that align with the company's strategy.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Closely networking and developing relationships with key stakeholders in the Cambridge ecosystem: engaging with leading Venture Capital firms, accelerators, and incubators, startup/biotech companies, non-profit, foundations and government organizations that foster early innovation, as well as academic institutions.
- He/She will work with other team members in the innovation center to initiate and attend collaboration and networking events across the region and take responsibility for large-scale screening of opportunities from various innovation networks and sources.
- Serve as the key contact point for his/her portfolio, responding and following up on opportunities and leads within the area.
- Ensure that all external innovation opportunities presented to the internal teams meet the internal portfolio standards of scientific excellence, development risks are identifiable, and the mitigation strategies are conceivable.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of processes, templates, and data capture systems utilized by the innovation center and headquarters to attain the highest professional standards in the execution of duties
- Be accountable to therapeutic areas and the Innovation Center leaders for the quality of network and relationships, the flow and quality of opportunities, the efficiency of handoff, alignment with business strategy and coordination of external innovation activities with other innovation centers
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. Degree with at least 8 years of professional experience in industry is a must
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in drug discovery or drug development, preferably in the field of oncology, immunology or metabolic diseases
- Experience in participating on scientific due diligence teams
- Must have an entrepreneurial, self-starter mindset and ability to inspire others to partner and collaborate
- Program and Project management experience is a plus
- Established network in the Cambridge area is favored
- Experience in both biotech and pharma is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
[ Link Removed ]
[ Link Removed ]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] .