Customer Service Specialist
General Dynamics is currently seeking Temporary Customer Service Specialists who will perform in a help desk and troubleshooting capacity. Temporary Customer Service Specialist provide customer service support via the telephone and/or internet to respond to customer inquiries and resolve technical issues. This position requires the ability to work in a technical capacity, providing technical support while analyzing complex data and troubleshooting complex customer service related issues, while at the same time, maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor, giving the customer the ultimate service experience.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Assists users with the installation, configuration, and upgrade of computer hardware and software of programs in multiple environments and provides education in the use of client mandated software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- May troubleshoot, analyze complex data, and resolve advanced application, corrupt database, and data processing issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Properly documents and tracks each issue/ticket in Remedy, and escalates issues that require more advanced research and troubleshooting to the appropriate support organizations.
- Properly assigns incident and service request tickets priority using impact and urgency and product categorization classification.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must be able to work as needed, any day or time of the week during a 24 hour period.
- 1-3 years of related customer service, call center or help desk experience.
- In an effort to support business need and provide shift support, shift flexability is required.
- Candidates will be required to work 40 hours a week for 3 weeks to complete training.
- Please be advised that schedules may be changed at any time to accommodate business need.
The work is typically performed in an office environment; which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is; the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI); the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts bringing personal belongings, electronic devices or paper into production areas.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the (essential) functions of this job.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.