Activities Director - Part-Time
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Part-Time Activities Director for a upscale 55+ community in Hatfield, PA. The Activities Director is responsible for coordinating programming that is unique and responsive to a community’s residents. The Activities Director will serve as liaison with the community’s home owner’s association and property management company.
Our ideal candidate will have experience creating and implementing engaging programs and activities for residents. Apply today for immediate consideration!
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the Arch Amenities Group operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and with Operation Director’s approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair and submits these recommendations or issues to property management.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD schedule (if applicable)
- Assesses all employees’ progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
- Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Develops and plans a diverse calendar of enjoyable member programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, youth programs (if applicable), aquatic programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, social events, resident concierge services, and spa or personal care services (if applicable).
- Conducts new resident orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Works with Sales and Marketing Department Staff to introduce prospective members to the facility’s amenities and programs.
- Monitors and tracks resident utilization and program registrations/participation by establishing a tracking procedure. Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the property management company to address resident questions and concerns.
- Reviews and discusses any client suggestions at staff meetings.
- Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, cable, and for a possible activities newsletter.
- Maintains bulletin board(s).
- Maintains monthly inventory of supplies and equipment (towels, amenities, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Recreation and/or Fitness preferred
- Recreational Management/Marketing and Sales background preferred
- Experience programming events required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.