Patient Scheduler Associate
Join Ingalls Memorial Hospital as Patient Schedular in the Harvey, IL location of Central Scheduling Department.
Under the supervision of the Central Scheduling Manager and Group Leaders, is responsible for the daily duties inherent in the scheduling and pre-registration of outpatient diagnostic testing at the Harvey Main Campus, Tinley Park, Flossmoor, and Calumet City.
- To work within the service standards.
- Treat people with respect
- Demonstrate Pride
- Respect privacy
- Anticipate needs
- Reverse negative situation
- Listen and communicate
- Demonstrate ownership
- To support the vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital and to provide the service of care which
- facilitate cost effective operations
- Under general supervision completes all hospital and FCC’s scheduled appointments
- Establish insurance criteria and selects appropriate insurance plan
- Verify insurance and precertification as needed
- Obtain/collect patient’s pertinent demographic information
- Enter appropriate data accurately into the on-line Information system
- Work closely with department personnel such as: Cardiology, MRI, CT, Laboratory and Radiology, etc.
- Some Medical Terminology
- Good communication skills
- Requires good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Requires maturity and ability to appropriately represent the department to other internal and
- external customer strong commitment to the development of staff
- Previous experience in a health care environment, preferably, Central Scheduling/Call Center,
- Physician’s office and/or other related health care experience is desired.
- Physical demands include lifting up to and in excess of 20 pounds of force and/or in excess of 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- At least 1-2 years of demonstrated clerical and customer service experience as it relates to a hospital environment
- Experience in the basic computer software programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop others in areas of continuous process improvement, and
- customer service, Delivery, and self-directed teamwork
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs
- Typing requirement (minimum 25-30 wpm)
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Job Type: Full Time (1.0FTE)
- Shift: Days Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm and Rotating Saturdays: 7am-3:30pm
- Department: Central Scheduling Department
- Location: Ingalls Memorial Hospital (Harvey)
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us!
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: Ingalls Career Opportunities
UChicago Medicine Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.