Quality Control Technician - Night Shift
BHJ USA, LLC. is a leading supplier of fresh/frozen meat blends to both the wet and dry pet food industries. This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in the quality control of the processing of raw materials for the pet food, pharmaceutical and feed industries. Supports QA staff by maintaining logs and record books; troubleshooting and resolving problems; helping with special projects, and data entry by performing the following tasks:
- Records observations and measurements and reports results
- Calibrates thermometers and other critical instruments used to verify customer specifications and standards.
- Reports deviations in data to Quality Manager and pursues corrective actions for resolution.
- Produces and distributes Certificates of Analysis (COA’s) and finished material holds or releases to required personnel
- Monitors cooler and freezer for cleanliness and temperature specifications to protect integrity of raw material.
- Conducts live analytical test in all commodities to ensure required customer specifications are in range.
- Formulates recipes that adhere with customer specific analytics and weights while utilizing inventory availability minimizing product loss increasing profit margins.
- Prepares supplier incident reports by compiling data relative to product or transport/supplier services outside of compliance.
- Oversees production supervisors on all tanker/trailer seal identification procedures to ensure they are conducted correctly and documentation is accurate before releasing finished product to carrier.
- Observes temperatures on all inbound/outbound loads accepting/releasing or rejecting according to specifications.
- Inspects raw product to ensure that it conforms to established quality control guidelines such as kill dates and signs of decomposition.
- Verifies all production paperwork such as LOT# association adherence to recipe and weight for tracking purposes.
- Inspects the condition of the machine/equipment and tools to ensure no adverse conditions exists that may cause contamination. If found out of compliance a work order is issued to identify area in question.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines and wearing of all required safety gear (PPE)
- Adheres to attendance guidelines of the company.
Will be frequently exposed to cool and wet conditions. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis and be able to work around raw beef, chicken or other similar raw materials and odors. We support a drug free workplace and conduct pre-employment drug screening. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify. EEO Employer.
11:00PM - 7:30AM
Monday - Friday