Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible….
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes five hospitals, more than 1,700 physicians and nearly 40 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff, providing a work environment full of encouragement, innovation, collaboration and respect.
Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America.
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity, you are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!
Location: US:WI:HARTFORD at our CP-HARTFORD HEALTH CENTER facility.
- 1.0 FTE is Full-Time, any position less than 1.0 FTE is Part-Time, and .001 FTE is Optional Part-Time*
- Positions with an “FTE“ (full time equivalency) of .875 - 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical, dental and vision benefits. Positions with an “FTE“ of .5 - .874 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical, dental and vision benefits*
Shift: 1st shift Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm; generally no evenings or weekends, but OT is a rare possibility
Supports the integrity of the enterprise Master Patient Index (MPI). Duties include, but are not limited to: assigning medical record numbers during system downtime; responding to phone calls from clinics, hospital departments and other ancillary areas to ensure proper identification of patients; research and coordination of the merge/unmerge functions in appropriate electronic systems. Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in a Health Information Management role is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Health Information
- Management (HIM) is preferred.
- Medical Terminology coursework is preferred.
- Previous experience using the Epic electronic health record system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills.
- Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT)certification preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor, we take affirmative action in employment based on race, sex, disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing