Req Number: 4812
Small Facility Culture | Large Corporation Perks
$2K Hire Bonus | $250 Attendance Bonus| Great PTO | Encouraging Culture| Advancements | Shift Premiums
ProAmpac in Hartford, WI is hiring entry level & experienced Machine Operator Technicians for
Flexographic Printing Press, Blown Film Extruding and Converting Bag Machines
Who we are looking for:
- Positive, detail focused, and reliable individuals looking to start and build a career
- Machine Operators looking for an opportunity to hone their skills and grow in their careers
Wage range based on experience:
- Operator wages generally ranges from $18-$27/hour
- Shift premiums offering $1/hour, $2/hour.
- Weekend shift premiums offering time and a half & double time ($27-$40/hour)
Why YOU should say YES to ProAmpac:
- Unique Niche Market and Company
- Leading global flexible packaging company producing essential items in a growing industry!
- Core Values: Integrity | Intensity| Innovation |Involvement| Impact
- The safety and health of our team is our top priority
- Collaborative and encouraging work environment
- Involved team-oriented training that sets you up for success
- Recognition & bonuses for being a valued and reliable team member
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year to celebrate our team
- Advancement Opportunities:
- A place to build your future and be part of a fast paced, growing, and stable industry
- Outstanding Benefits (Full-time employees):
- $2,000 Hire & Referral Bonus | $250 Quarterly Attendance Bonus | Production bonuses
- Competitive wages, shift premiums, promotions from within
- 11 paid holidays
- Great PTO (vacation)
- Full Benefits including Medical| Dental | Vision |Disability Insurance | 401k Match
- Clean and climate-controlled environment
Please find a brief description of each machine operator technician role below:
- Blow Film Extruder - Major Job Function: The Extrusion Line Operator controls and monitors the film production of his or her designated line(s). They operate blown film extruders which includes understanding how the resin structure works, how to run the extruders and prepare for both change overs and cleaning of dies.
- Converting Operator & Slitting Operator - Major Job Function: Our converting operators efficiently operate a converting bag machine. They are responsible for setting up the machine, completing roll changes, producing quality bags and handling the finished product.
- Flexographic Press Operator & Plate Mounting Technician – Major Job Function: Our operators are responsible for running a flexographic printing press. They set up the machine and ensure all raw material are approved for use. They also ensure print design conforms with job specs, reviews samples for quality control and identify nonconformities while following applicable safety guidelines.
Hours vary per department
- Full Time (will consider part time for converting department)
- 10 and 12 hour shifts available
- First, second and overnight shifts available
- Weekday and Weekend shifts available
What makes a great machine operator- technician:
- Reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards.
- On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve.
- Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
- Your goal will be to ensure that production procedures are carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Does this sound like you? If you want to be part of a fast-paced growing industry and are positive, reliable & detail focused, we want to hear from you!
Apply for open positions at: careers.proampac.com, search Hartford WI.
Positions: Blown Film Extrusion Operators, Flexographic Printing Press Operators, Converting Operators, Slitter Rewind Operators, Plate Mounting Operators.
- Converting: Able to regularly lift 10-12lbs and occasionally lift 50-60lbs of product.
- Extruding: Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Press: occasionally be able to lift 70lbs (for most positions)
Other Desired Requirements include but are not limited to:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Able to stand for a 10 or 12 hour shift
- Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills to communicate and coordinate effectively with internal personnel.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to fellow employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work in a manufacturing plant utilizing computers, dollies, forklift, hand tools, safety knives, packaging equipment, pallet jacks and standard safety equipment.
- Utilize resource materials including production schedule and standardized forms/paperwork.
- Vision capabilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
2261 Innovation Way, Hartford, Wisconsin 53027