As an Underwriting Assistant on the Alternative Markets team, you will perform the underwriting support tasks needed to successfully bind, issue and otherwise manage a territory of group captive program accounts.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key staff of producer partners;
- Review and professionally handle all customer inquiries within our service commitment with a focus on timeliness, quality and efficiency;
- Submission evaluation and review;
- Quote preparation on new business and renewals. This will include rating multi-line coverages such as Worker's Compensation (WC), General Liability (GL) and Automobile;
- Issuance of multi-state casualty policies including mid-term changes;
- Set up and maintain electronic policy files and follow up for outstanding information;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in the insurance industry. Large Account Casualty experience is ideal.
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Customer focused with attention to detail
- Self directed showing personal accountability and sense of urgency
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a heavy workload to meet agreed upon expectations in a dynamic and results oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree or coursework preferred
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.