Ready to grow your career enabling the Agile ways of delivering Data Capabilities?
The Enterprise Data Organization – Commercial Lines in IT is looking for an experienced Senior Scrum Master to join us in driving our transformation to Lean-Agile ways of working. The Senior Scrum Master's primary role is to be a servant leader and coach for one or more Agile teams. This person will help educate the team in Lean-Agile, Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), ensuring that the agreed Lean-Agile process is being followed and aligns with The Hartford's Enterprise Business Delivery Model. They also help remove impediments, and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
What's in it for you?
- Act as servant leader and coach for one or more Scrum teams enabling the effective use and practices of the Agile framework in achieving business outcomes
- Work closely with multiple Scrum Masters, teams, and Product Owners to ensure execution of scaled Agile consistent with the Enterprise Business Delivery Model
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders
- Experience affecting change in the organization towards Agile adoption and sustainability
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives
- Solve problems that arise when scaling/executing/adopting Agile with new teams, removing impediments at an organizational level; intuitively identifying how everyday deliverables trace back to a high-level strategy and business value generation; managing risks and continuous improvement at a program and/or at an initiative level
- Facilitate planning events with Product Owner/Development Team and ensuring that planning is a continuous and a visible activity; Influence optimal product backlog management
- Serve as a coach and mentor for the Scrum team to share knowledge of Agile and Lean values, principles, best practices and training
- Work with Product Owners and Stakeholders to develop and enable meaningful metrics
What is The Hartford looking for?
- A lean-agile mindset and leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Commitment to servant leadership and drive to achieve team, initiative and program objectives
- Prior experience affecting change in organizations towards agile adoption and sustainability
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and leadership capabilities
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in any part of the software development lifecycle; Preferred prior experience with successful enablement of Data Delivery initiatives
- Scrum Master industry certification
- Experience using agile toolsets such as Agile Central
- Preferred - SAFe Certified Scrum Master (SSM), Experience in a scaled-agile environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
NO AGENCIES PLEASE