Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
In keeping with regulatory requirements, responsibility includes both automated and manual testing in: chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and blood gases. Other responsibilities include: instrument maintenance, quality control, and quality assurance. This is a generalist laboratory position.
- BS or BA in Medical Technology required.
- ASCP equivalent/eligible preferred.
- 1 year experience in chemistry and hematology preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have critical problem solving skills.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent word processing, medical terminology and be able to read, speak and write the English language.
- Excellent customer service skills a must and professional attitude.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.