Maintenance & Building Controls Manager (20453020)
Hartford, CT, United States of America
Back Apply Now
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients' property.
Job Skills / Requirements
Job Title: Maintenance & Building Controls Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt; $35.00-$40.00 hourly based on related experience
Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm; on-call as needed
Owens Realty Services is seeking a Maintenance and Controls Manager to join its team supporting the CREC schools in the Hartford area!
- Responsible for maintaining the property in a class A, safe, attractive, comfortable condition and in accordance with the company and client objectives.
- Assists in the scheduling, execution and reporting of all maintenance functions.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly reports on maintenance, scheduling, work orders and other on-site activities. 40% of time to be spent in supervisory and administrative functions, 60% of time to be spent on “hands-on“ maintenance issues.
- Travel between sites required, as is on-call emergency support.
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Maintenance and Controls Manager.
- Existing Buildings:
- Refresh our inventory of existing Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Inventory to include the BMS version, the age/condition of each desk-top computer and operating software version
- Develop a plan for service, equipment updates and/or replacement and BMS upgrade path
- Research and implement BMS benchmarking software, i.e. JCI Panoptix
- Identify energy conservation measures per building
- Coordinate with contracted energy services vendor and manage new projects to include solar photovoltaic roofing, power factor correction, thermal hot water tank units, etc.
- Co-manage existing mobile technicians
- Review preventative maintenance schedule
- Refresh Capital Replacement Plan
- Conduct a photo inventory of mechanical equipment
- Attend ongoing job-site meetings concerning HVAC, MEP and controls installations
- Coordinate building mechanical system training for facility staff
- Establish an on-line maintenance management portal
- Mechanical equipment data
- Warranty documents
- Manufacturer instructions
- Service information
- Add to demand response
- Other duties as assigned
- Adept at troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems involving HVAC principles.
- Ability to control and repair all types of heating, cooling, air distribution and refrigeration equipment.
- Familiarity with boilers, chillers, cooling towers, packaged RTUs, VFDs, chilled water distribution systems, heat pumps, VAV boxes, digital controllers, and controlling various components through automation systems.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on all types of equipment including split systems, air handlers, thermostats, condensers, fans, evaporators, etc.
- Experience using standard HVAC hand tools, and the ability to conduct leak detection and repairs.
- An understanding of HVAC temperature set-points with a proven ability to control thermostat settings through local devices and/or computer controlled automated software.
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with HVAC systems and controls in a commercial or educational building setting.
- Have a valid CT driver's license and clean driving record.
- Minimum S-2 license and working knowledge of HVAC control systems including Andover, Trane, Alerton, Johnson Controls, Automated Logic and the BACnet protocol.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office programs and work order systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility in a demanding environment; excellent customer service skills
- Background and drug screening is mandatory.
- Work closely with Facility Manager
- Team Building
- Available to answer your phone after hours in case of emergencies
- Training staff as needed
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (Any)
Minimum S-2 License
Valid State Driver's License
Additional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, prenancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan