The SMT manager will be responsible for the hands-on management of the SMT manufacturing lines, including process, programming, scheduling, and supervision of all SMT personnel. Secondary responsibility will include existing manufacturing lines in production.
Primary responsibilities will include:
1) Organize, direct, and coordinate the SMT manufacturing lines and processes.
2) Guide the SMT team when preparing SMT lines for new models.
3) Create reflow profiles as needed to ensure integrity of solder joints.
4) Prepares the annual budget for the maintenance team, maintains expense records and monitors expenditures to assure compliance with approved limits.
5) Develop, evaluate, and improve the manufacturing process and reduce downtime through creation of known good conditions, and improving change-over methods.
6) Ability to reduce cycle time and provide training necessary to meet KPI targets.
7) Support the cross functional team as needed.
8) Administers and ensures compliance with current safety policies.
Bachelors Degree in manufacturing, electrical, or mechanical engineering or related field, but will consider: 2-year technical degree and 10 years experience which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the tasks.
Must have previous management experience and ability to manage staff.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Possess strong communication skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams.
Prior experience in automotive/manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.