WORKING WITH AEVEX
Becoming part of the AEVEX Aerospace family means joining a highly qualified and dedicated team that appreciates the opportunities and rewards that come with supporting critical, no-fail missions. At AEVEX, you’ll find expertly-credentialed, innovative team players who are the best at what they do and constantly strive to meet high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Our team offers the full spectrum of engineering and integration services to include aerospace, electrical, and mechanical design, as well as specialized flight test design services. We also provide highly skilled field support technicians that can troubleshoot and repair complex systems in austere environments. Our programs team manages the process of procuring and leasing non-traditional aircraft and sensor systems to government and commercial customers, adding value to our partnerships when required.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible to assist in the design, integration and support for Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) programs, as well as the following:
* Ability to handle complicated engineering problems related to aircraft modifications, ISR mission power requirements and ISR systems integration
* Interpret OEM Interface Control Documents to produce electrical drawings, using either AutoCAD Electrical or Microsoft Visio
* Design and implement Aircraft Mission Power distribution architecture
* Perform detailed electrical load analysis of mission payload systems
* Facilitate coordination between systems engineering, mechanical/design engineering and management
* Capable of handling a fast-paced role and able to manage workload in a deadline driven environment
* Clearance Required: Secret
- Extensive understanding of EWIS assessment and review against existing instructions for continued airworthiness
- Broad knowledge of aircraft installation safety assessments (FAR and /or CS25309)
- Familiar with aircraft compliance verification test documents
- Research and design with respect to electrical load, function and environmental conditions.
- Define and document electrical interfaces between Aircraft and component system.
- Experience in MIL-Spec Wiring / harness design, installation and electrical integration.
- Experience with ECAD tools and processes.
- Excellent understanding of overall design / integration process, from initial definition, through all different stages, to completion on aircraft.
- Thorough understanding of configuration / document control.
- Knowledge of several electrical integration related aircraft domains (i.e. Design, Planning, Manufacture, Production, logistics, etc.)
- Experience in definition, coordination of all necessary parts, components, installation and interface requirements with relevant departments, customers & partners, to ensure safe, efficient / cost effective, compatible design.
- Have a University degree in Aircraft Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, with relevant work experience in wiring harness / installation design and Integration.
- Excellent planning, organization and management.
- Excellent Communication.
- Collaborative approach and teamwork.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.