Dentsply Sirona is the world's largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona's products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona's global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company's shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we're looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical and application support, primarily on the phone, to system users and technicians. Limited travel may be required for assistance with installations, escalations, and other support reasons (see Additional Requirements below).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquires and maintains technical knowledge, skills, and references, in all areas of the assigned products, to expertly install, operate, troubleshoot, and repair the equipment.
- Provides guidance and answers to customers calling in requesting assistance in installation, operation, troubleshooting, and repairing assigned products. Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication. Records all pertinent information received on product problems and complaints
- Is a resource for other departments to request technical information and assistance regarding the assigned products.
- Provides instruction and training to customers and dealer personnel when necessary
- Travels to perform service calls on problem equipment that local dental service technicians could not repair.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties and assignments as requested to support the technical service function
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college preferred, and a minimum of two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be experienced in troubleshooting computer hardware, Windows Operating Systems, and Applications and/or experience installing and troubleshooting computer networks. Experience in troubleshooting and servicing electromechanical equipment a plus.
- Direct customer interaction on the phone or in-person a plus.
Candidates must be able to travel 10% to 50%, dependent on role. Multiple roles are available.
Candidates must have or be able to obtain a valid passport for limited international travel
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request“ in the subject.
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, passport number and visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation); professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter, employment history, background check forms, references, certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at email@example.com