Registered Nurse Supervisor - 3PM-11PM
NEW SIGN ON BONUS for FULL TIME RNs- $5,000
APPLY TODAY TO LEARN ABOUT OUR NEWLY INCREASED PAY RATES!!!
Located in Dauphin County, just ten minutes from downtown Harrisburg and near five major hospitals, Colonial Park Care Center is a 198-bed Skilled Nursing Center offering an expansive mix of services rarely found under one roof. Our beautifully landscaped grounds allow those who are able to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family who visit.
At the center of our mission is our skilled nursing units, with the RN Supervisor overseeing significant day-to-day responsibilities and the general workflow for all RNs, LPNs and Nurse Aides.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are followed by all nursing personnel
- Recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating RNs, LPNs and Nurse Aides
- Conducting ongoing nursing unit rounds to review work in progress, evaluate resident care and handle routine medical needs
- Initiating IV therapy and administers all IV drugs ordered
- Assessing physical, mental, psychosocial status of residents, and securing follow-up care, as needed
- Ensuring availability of all equipment, supplies, medications, and records necessary for effective operations during assigned shifts
- Coordinating activities and personnel during emergencies
- Managing schedules and staff assignments to meet resident care needs; participates in “on call” procedure as assigned.
- Aiding in the admission of new residents, including the development of care plans to ensure that all medical, health and wellness needs are met
- Additional responsibilities as needed/assigned
Due to the nature of our residents, compassion, patience, flexibility and a desire to serve are necessary for success in the RN Supervisor role. All applicants must be have a current, state-approved RN license or temporary practice permit, plus at least one year of experience in nursing and management (i.e. Head Nurse or comparable work). A strong knowledge of nursing principles, an understanding of long-term care regulations, and experience with Medicare/medical assistance is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.