A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk. Our Consultations team is responsible for handling PwC employee inquiries telephonically and via email. As part of the team, you'll answer calls, research required information using available resources, and manage and resolve customer complaints. You will also be responsible for documenting information, identifying and escalating priority issues and following up with the relevant party.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Independence Assessment team interacts with professionals across all Sectors and Markets in the Assurance LoS. Your network of PwC professionals will expand across the Network of firms. You'll help audit partners, directors and senior managers apply the auditor independence rules to complex corporate structures, add value to Audit Committee Communications, assess the permissibility of services and relationships, and provide a solutions based approach to independence related business issues.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success within a rules and/or research based environment, preferably within a regulatory environment, compliance function or within the assurance practice of a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Having experience in the application of the independence rules established by the SEC, PCAOB, IFAC and GAO specific to services or engagements contemplated or being provided to clients within the professional services industry;
- Assisting Assurance line of service partners, directors and senior managers with audit pursuits and client transactions, specifically in the area of auditor independence proactively;
- Building your network of PwC professional across the PwC Network of Firms;
- Consulting with the audit teams on the application of the independence rules established by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), IFAC (International Federation of Accountants), and US Government Accountability Office (GAO);
- Analyzing complex issues with respect to the permissibility of non-audit service offerings by the US and network firms;
- Consulting and collaborating to develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients;
- Training, coaching, and supervising team members;
- Demonstrating proactive strategic thought leadership;
- Training PwC professionals in the Assurance markets on independence client acceptance business issues; and,
- Leading a team of professionals in performing independence assessments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.