HPE Technical Specialist
HPE Technical Sales Specialist
Join a 100-year-old tech "start up." D&H Distributing is a leading technology company selling solutions to the most important problems facing businesses and government agencies today. We've been around since 1918, but really our history is a string of successful "start-ups" as technology has dramatically changed over the years. In the 20's we brought radios to the public. In the 50's it was TV. In the 80's we started selling computers. Now, we've re-organized a special team to bring the most in-demand internet products and services to small and medium businesses and the public sector, for cloud computing, network security, digital learning, and mobile work forces.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated,
HPE Technical Sales Specialist to join our team!
- Proactively work with D&H sales, buying and marketing teams to promote, drive and track vendor specific sales promotions and reseller programs.
- Provide Training to D&H Sales team and deliver training content via live workshops, virtual webinars and teleconferences
- Data-mining for the purpose of targeting net new resellers and broadening product depth.
- Manage customer lead development; provide support necessary to develop leads and follow them to closure with sales team
- Coordinate Best practices with D&H Specialist teams.
- Provide follow on sales team management from manufacturer delivered training
- Deliver weekly scorecard metrics to manufacturers for performance evaluation to reach manufacturers goals and targets.
- Work with the D&H buying team to suggest products and categories that help manufacturer specific goals and targets.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required
- Must have field pre-sales experience; ASE / CSAP grads preferred
- Expert knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc.
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Proven track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc.)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise technical certifications preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to travel 10+%
At D&H, we are a dedicated team of highly skilled and talented professionals working together to connect our vendors with client businesses. Our associates enjoy our service award program, gym membership reimbursement, and company paid education. Employee-owned and operated, we are family-oriented and offer excellent internal growth opportunities.
Our D&H Cares foundation is dedicated to charity, health, wellness, and conservation. We are committed to enriching and improving the lives of others by bringing together caring D&H employee co-owners, customers, and vendor partners who strive to give back and help others in times of need. We offer a competitive hourly wage plus a first-rate benefits package.
Other benefits of the role include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement