GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries and Essence.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Pharmacist directs and manages the distribution of Cannabis products to our patients on site in our dispensary. This individual will be in a unique position to be a dispenser and educator of cannabis. He or she will be the onsite medical authority ensuring patients receive correct dosage as well as education and counseling. As with any substance for medical use, Pharmacists are expected to complete a prospective drug utilization review to asses: appropriateness of therapy, appropriate strain, does, route, and duration, allergies & drug interactions contraindications, and possible misuse.
We are seeking part-time Pharmacists to work on a Per Diem basis in support of our pharmacy staff. Per Diem Pharmacists may work between one and four shifts a month on average, depending on availability and need.
- Compound and dispense medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provide timely and accurate medication information to patients.
- Consult patients and assess patient’s certification to determine best course of treatment.
- Process all medication order information into an electronic health record to ensure accuracy of records regarding past, current and future dispensing and charging.
- Maintain a comprehensive pharmacy patient profile. Oversee the packaging labeling, and distribution of medications for all patients and employees according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain controlled inventories of cannabis products in the dispensing areas.
- Maintain both PA Pharmacists license & Pennsylvania State Agent card and complete the PA Department of Health’s Cannabis Health Professional training.
- At least one year of experience as a licensed Pharmacist.
- Cannabis experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or ability to use pharmacy information systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated and conventional pharmacy equipment.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge.