Nuclear Medicine Tech
Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 601 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing unit
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Sleep Center Services
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist, under the direct supervision of the Medical Director and Administrative Director of Radiology, are responsible for providing high quality Nuclear imaging for interpretation by the radiologist to aid in patient diagnosis. Will provide all services necessary within the organization and Department of Radiology to insure proper patient care while obtaining requested Nuclear Medicine examinations.
Minimum Education: Completion of formal training in an AMA approved school of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years of practical experience preferred. Successful departmental training.
Required Certification/Registration: ARRT registered/NMTCB certified.
Physical Requirements: Position requires lifting (50-75lbs.), transferring and assisting patients. Requires occasional lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling and reaching is required. Requires 80% standing or walking 20% sitting. Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken word is required.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards. May have occasional exposure to blood, body substances, infectious materials, chemical hazards, vibration, radiation, slippery surfaces, or noise that may result from performance of duties.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 75 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.