Valley Transit Mechanic
greyhound Harlingen, TX
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on motor coaches in accordance with company standard operating procedures to include but not limited to checking and filling oil, antifreeze, power steering,
- Service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of vehicles and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Study blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Identifies causes of operating errors and determines best resolution.
- Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Automobile repair and machine shop experience (preferred)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (a plus)
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Must be able to speak and read conversational English
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. without assistance and up to 250 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to push/pull up to 80 lbs. without assistance and up to 250 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand/walk for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to stoop/bend/twist in the performance of the job.
- Ability to kneel/squat/crawl/ climb in the performance of the job.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in the performance of the job.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).