Under direct supervision of Leadership, the purpose of the position is to provide support to the Store and provide customer service to patients. Colleagues in this classification perform greeting, customer service, sales support, dispensing and doctor's assistance work. Position is responsible for greeting patients, preparing patients for doctor's visit, and assisting patients with purchase of contacts and glasses. The Patient Coordinator's main responsibility is to create an efficient patient flow and flawless transition as it relates to the retail portion of the company. Performs related work as directed. The Patient Coordinator will be required to meet the productivity numbers outlined while maintaining a high level of customer service.
The Patient Coordinator will create a customer experience for the patient while using proper dispensing techniques. Dispensing process will include determination of the power ranges and specific lens measurements by frame; measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
Stanton Optical, My EyeLab and all related entities (the “Company“), a leading optical retailer, provides dedicated customer service and quality eyewear at affordable prices to our patients and customers. Stanton Optical, My EyeLab and all related entities are some of the nation's most desirable optical brands. Our corporate culture encourages success, offers a fast paced and fun environment and tremendous advancement opportunities. The Patient Coordinator is expected to adhere to and exemplify all company profiles including:
Vision: Easy EyecareMission: Fast, Friendly and AffordableValues: Honest Service, Fair Commerce, Your friend in the eyecare businessMantra: Everyone Buys, Everyone Leaves Happy
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Sales Facilitation
- Provide the Easy Eye Care Vision to all Patients
- Fosters a strong partnership between the retail environment and professional services.
- Maintain a professional and supportive relationship with every associate and doctor.
- Answer phones; direct calls to appropriate individual/department.
- Sell glasses, solutions, contact lenses, leader's specials, etc.
- Schedule appointments, confirm all patient appointments, and greet patients
- Eliminate “exam only“ appointments.
- Enter new patient history and personal information in system.
- Complete pre-test; obtain brief medical history, complete noncontact tonometry auto refraction, visual acuity, color test, stereopsis test, amsler grid test, etc.
- Instruct patients on wearing schedule and insertion and removal of contacts.
- Neutralize old Rx lenses.
- Dispense, adjust and troubleshoot glasses to patients
- Maintain patient charts; update as necessary
- Maintain inventory; replenish as necessary.
- Maintain quality control standards; ensure total patient satisfaction.
- Assist Management Team with patient complaint resolution and inform the status of all jobs; ensure all patient expectations are met.
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; supplemented by six (6) months experience optical sales or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, Google Docs, etc.
- Must display superior verbal and written skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group.
Vision Precision Holdings d/b/a Stanton Optical and My Eye Lab Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at our company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances.