Requisition Number: NC3SE01585
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Senior Enterprise Architect to be located at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, MA. This position supports the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Integration Directorate. The ideal candidate should have expertise and experience performing analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment and management of Department of Defense (DoD)-related enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans and systems with the mission, goals, structure and processes of the organization.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of technical expertise across an array of Defense and National Security customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing reference models of the enterprise and maintaining the information in the Information Technology (IT) repository
- Determining the gaps between the current and the target architecture and recommending plans for transitioning to target architecture
- Recommending the policies and principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise architecture
- Identifying opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems to support business processes and utilize emerging technologies
- Promoting and educating customers and stakeholders on the use and value of the enterprise architecture
- Providing enterprise architecture guidance, support and coordination to customers and IT project teams
- Documenting the enterprise architecture infrastructure, including the business units and key processes, using modeling techniques
- Ensuring technical integration is achieved across the enterprise by participating in test planning, validation and reviews
- Evaluating the impact of enterprise architecture products and services on IT investments, business operations, stakeholder satisfaction and other outcomes
- Coordinating and conducting governance and portfolio management activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles and practices to all components of the enterprise architecture
What you will need to have:
- Possess technical expertise in developing architectures in SysML format using the SparX tool
- Possess one of the following education/experience mixes:
- Master’s Degree plus 10 years of relevant enterprise architecture experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 18 years of relevant enterprise architecture experience
- 22 years of relevant enterprise architecture experience
- Possess a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently