Requisition Number: NC3MO01581
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Journeyman Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer to be located at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, MA. This position supports the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Integration Directorate. The ideal candidate should have expertise and experience reviewing/modeling work for compliance with regulations and best practices; developing and maintaining modeling best practices; analyzing complex problems; developing relevant models and constraints to run complex dynamic structural, thermal or other analyses; and reviewing and supporting work to develop appropriate models to solve complex weapon system issues, to include networking and communications.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of technical expertise across an array of Defense and National Security customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing expertise in supporting and conducting simulation studies to include but not limited to system and component performance, engineering trade-offs, system effectiveness, cost and logistics
- Developing and applying advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems
- Analyzing, evaluating and planning methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions of complex technical problems.
- Providing M&S engineering expertise to technical agency staff and/or other organizations
- Providing technical assistance to Hanscom AFB and Government counterparts to correct intelligence data required for key M&S analyses, including models that range from engineering to mission level
- Working with internal and external organizations to gather required capabilities and performance (C&P) data for classified threat systems to ensure proper characterization of the threat models
- Applying analysis tools, object models, and analytical techniques to support mission-level analyses, to include the performance of military communication networks, susceptibility to Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS), concept alternatives characterization, development planning and the analysis of new systems, technologies, effectiveness and lethality
- Providing expertise in software engineering modeling and simulation, radar and/or communications, Radio Frequency (RF) and Antenna modeling and simulation
- Assessing RF performance with software and adapting current and outside sourced models, as needed
- Providing analysis, including modeling and simulation tools such as, System Tool Kit (STK), AFSIM software tool, Riverbed Modeler or similar tools
- Coding in MATLAB, Simulink, or C++ and employing Digital Engineering, Digital Thread, Digital Twin techniques across the system lifecycle
What you will need to have:
- Possess experience with command/control processes & Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) environment.
- Possess experience in data management, statistical analysis, and/or operations research
- Possess experience developing architectures in SysML format using the SparX tool
- Possess one of the following education/experience mixes:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-10 years of relevant M&S experience (Preferred)
- Associate’s Degree plus 7-14 years of relevant M&S experience
- 9-16 years of relevant M&S experience
- Possess a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently