Requisition Number: NC3DA01580
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Journeyman Database Administrator to be located at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, MA. This position supports the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Integration Directorate. The ideal candidate should have expertise and experience planning, developing, implementing, and administering information systems for the acquisition, storage and retrieval of data.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of technical expertise across an array of Defense and National Security customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyzing and recommending data requirements and specifications
- Designing, normalizing, developing, installing and implementing databases
- Maintaining, monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery of databases
- Installing, configuring and maintaining database management systems software
- Analyzing and planning for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements
- Developing and administering data standards, policies and procedures
- Developing and implementing data mining and data warehousing programs
- Evaluating and providing recommendations on new database technologies and architectures
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles and practices in the delivery of data management services
- Performing Microsoft SharePoint administration duties
- Providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities
What you will need to have:
- Possess strong understanding of Microsoft SharePoint environment and administration responsibilities.
- Possess one of the following education/experience mixes:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-10 years of relevant database management experience (Preferred)
- Associate’s Degree plus 7-14 years of relevant database management experience
- 9-16 years of relevant database management experience
- Possess a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently