Built to Make You Better.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Requisition ID : 4081
Employment Type : Full Time
Grade : Warehouse W7
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Hanover Park, IL (Whse)
State or Province : Illinois (US-IL)
Potential Work Location : United States : Illinois : Hanover Park
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to ensure the orderly, timely, and correct flow of materials and product for selection and shipment on the distribution center floor. Your tasks in this role will include retrieving and distributing materials, inspecting them for packaging, and preparing them for shipment or storage.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Count, weigh or measure—manually or with material-handling equipment—incoming and outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills, invoices, orders or other records.
- Inspect all material/shipments for quality issues, overages or shortages; report findings to supervisor; and take corrective action as needed.
- Use hand tools to open containers and load and unload materials to/from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or with powered equipment.
- Route, count and inspect items while loading and unloading carts or trucks, and deliver/return items to correct warehouse locations.
- Accurately select product, fill orders, issue requested materials and supplies, document transactions, and maintain accurate records.
- Transport product and secure cargo properly and safely.
- Operate powered equipment (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift).
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions in order to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
WHAT IT TAKES
The motivated team player we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to communicate effectively, and read and write in English
- Willingness to work overtime to meet customer's needs
- Experience in using/operating lift trucks and sit-down lifts preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a packaging environment preferred
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 60 pounds, carrying, pushing a wheeled cart weighing up to 150 pounds, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, and the ability to wear personal protective equipment as required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Incentive bonuses and shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago