Req Number: 4810
About the company
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We continue to grow and would love for you to join our team!
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business culture. We value the connections we’ve created, and our employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, supported by our five core values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – that foster a culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.
Our company is made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy. We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursement
As our Group Controller you will be responsible for leading, directing and overseeing the accounting for multiple manufacturing sites within the business unit level. Key actions will include preparing, consolidating, and executing sites P&L, which include monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, financial statements, cost accounting, payroll, budgeting, tax compliance and others. In addition, you will oversee all audit activities and lead the preparation of financial statements & filings to be in compliance with GAAP and other regulations.
- Oversees the timely and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, annual budgets, financial forecasts, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, lead the month-end and year-end close process for the assigned business group.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the division, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Manage divisional accounting team.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value. Responsible for internal controls at each plant for operations, sales, and finance.
- Collaborate with all manufacturing plant management to ensure maximum profitability.
- Work in conjunction with the accounting teams to ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
To be eligible, candidates must be living in or relocate to either the Fox Valley or Chicagoland area.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Seven (7) years' experience in financial management
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related manufacturing.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, Teams and Outlook
- Exceptional time management and organization skills; able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written and presentations) with leadership, employees, and clients
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, as well as audit activities
- Self-confident and motivated to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- CPA or similar certifications preferred
975 Broadway, Wrightstown, Wisconsin 54180
825 Turnberry Court, Hanover Park, Illinois 60133
165 Chicago Street, Cary, Illinois 60013
1055 Winchester Road, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956