Dental Assistant Apprentice (OJT) (Hampton, Virginia)
The Role: Family Dental seeks highly motivated individuals to start a career as a DANB Radiology Certified Dental Assistant. Our on-the-job training (OJT) program provides the guidance, knowledge, resources, and funding to excel as a Dental Assistant. Within the program, qualified individuals will learn and experience day-to-day field operations and be provided training materials to prepare for the radiology certifications necessary to begin a career in the dental field. Dental Dreams OJT program enables individuals to become dental assistants at our offices throughout the U.S. The Dental Assistant Apprentice training will develop the skills required to become an integral component of our care delivery team while preparing to obtain the state-mandated certification.
Who Are We: Family Dental is a dynamic, growing company with offices in eleven states and Washington, DC. Our mission is to provide high-quality dental services in first-class facilities to underserved communities. We hire only the most qualified dentists and staff committed to superior patient care.
- 2040 Coliseum Drive, Suite A27 Hampton VA 23666-3200
- Competitive compensation
- Paid DANB Radiology exam fee with an employment agreement
- Pay increase upon passing the radiology exam
- Flexible Hours
- The benefits package includes:
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Free dental treatment at our locations
- Pass the DANB Radiology exam
- Work under the general supervision and guidance of a dentist or instructor
- Provide chairside assistance to the dentist during dental examinations and treatment
- Chart during the dental examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments, as well as the sterilization area, and set up and break down operatories
- Greet and check-in patients while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Schedule patient appointments per month and daily patient goals
- Accurately verify dental benefits
- Maintain detailed patient records in a fast-paced environment
- Create insurance claims and submit pre-authorizations to insurance companies on a timely basis
- Pull patient charts for future appointments when necessary
- Assist with presenting and explaining treatment plans
- Customer Service attitude
- Complete the DANB Radiology Certification within the allocated timeframe
- DA Students Wanted!!!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.