Assembly Operator 3 - #1223 (1st shift)
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 1st Shift (7:00AM-3:30PM)
Pay: $18.19 - $19.50 per hour
- Equality. We treat each other with fairness, respect, and professionalism.
- Innovation. We seek out new opportunities, innovate and experiment with new ideas.
- Teamwork. We work as a team, collaborating with and supporting each other for the good of Southern States.
- Continuous Improvement. We will be open to learning and change to be more effective.
- Have Fun. We will be profitable, grow the company, and have fun.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- Competitive wages & shift differential
- Weekly paycheck
- 10 Paid Holidays & Birthday Holiday
- Paid vacation
- Steel toe shoes reimbursements up to $135
- Medical insurance - Covers 80% of premiums
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Employee Referral Program (up to $1,500 earned per referral)
- 401K retirement account with 50% company match
- Discount program with Verizon Wireless
The Southern States LLC Assembly Operator performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce high voltage electrical switches or switch subassemblies by performing the following duties.
YOU’LL EXCEED WITH:
- Positive Attitude.
- Regular and Consistent Attendance.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions communicated in written, oral and diagram form.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly condition work area.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
HOW YOU WILL ADD VALUE:
- Inspects and measures parts to ensure specified tolerance and quality.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other following assembly blueprints.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, clips, screws, cements, or other fasteners, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Tends machines such as drill presses, punch presses or riveting machines, to perform drilling, force fitting or fastening at assembly stations.
- Marks identifying information on parts.
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and air files to produce close fit between parts.
- Installs switch components, such as bearings, insulators, jaws, hinges, blades, or counterbalances.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); up to one month of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical and geometric devices, such as, calculators, calipers, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
****Mandatory WorkKeys Ready***
- WorkKeys ACT Score (Applied Math – 3, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Observation – 2).
Southern States LLC is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.