Merakey is currently seeking an Autism Behavior Line Technician to join our Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program at our Autism Specialty School and ABA Program in Hammond, LA.
This is an excellent Fee-for- Service (FFS) opportunity to work and train with our highly-recognized team of experts in the field of ABA as you support a life-changing experience for a child and their family. This position requires patience and resilience daily, with ability to approach work with fortitude would be key to this role--we are looking for individuals who want to be a part of some exceptional!
The Autism Behavior Line Technician would provide one-on-one support and assistance to a student with autism, including support and assistance in the use of medical equipment such as augmentative communication devices; activities of daily living; and monitoring health and behavior.
- Providing one on one ABA therapy for children with autism in our specialty school/ ABA center
- Understanding and implementation of children's program books
- Implementation of the child's IPOS, assessment goals, and behavioral/crisis plan
- Completion of required documentation; including daily behavioral and program data and parent communication
- Completion of progress notes for every billable contact
- Daily preparation for sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Note: A Behavior Technician may provide support to more than one student, but not at the same time.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S EDUCATION & AUTISM DIVISION
The Merakey Education and Autism Division focuses on a continuum of care throughout the lifespan. The core, fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) are incorporated into a specialized approach across all service offerings. This division is supported by a senior management team of highly qualified professionals that provide training, supervision, guidance, and support to each of our specialized programs. This team is comprised of decades of expertise in education, autism, and behavioral health experiences.
Merakey opened their very first Licensed Private Academic School for students on the Autism Spectrum in the fall of 2005. Since inception, the Education and Autism Services have grown across the state of Pennsylvania providing support for all individuals across the lifespan.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Childcare/Pre-K Readiness
- Licensed Private Academic Schools
- In-District Specialized Classrooms
- Therapy Services
- Stepping Stones Plus
- Adult Autism Services
- Adult Autism Housing Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit: www.educationandautism.merakey.org
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at: yvonne.olivier@Merakey.org
- Minimum of a high school degree is required
- Completed Associates or Bachelor's degree (or degree in process) highly preferred -- Degree programs of choice include Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Education, Human Services, Social Work, Special Education, Early Childhood, etc.
- Experience with children with autism in a professional work environment highly preferred
- Must be willing to work PRN/FFS (paid hourly -- no benefits -- not a full-time position)
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm (Schedule will be set based upon client needs, your availability, and your preferred number of hours per week)
- Must willing and able to pass a thorough background check including Education / Licensure / Employment verification, Child Abuse Clearance, Physical/TB, and a state and federal Criminal Background check